WINDOWS AND LINUX SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATION COURSE
About this Course
This course will transition you from working on a single computer to an entire fleet. Systems administration is the field of IT that’s responsible for maintaining reliable computers systems in a multi-user environment. In this course, you’ll learn about the infrastructure services that keep all organizations, big and small, up and running. You’ll also learn how to manage and configure servers and how to use industry tools to manage computers, user information, and user productivity. Finally, you’ll learn how to recover your organization’s IT infrastructure in the event of a disaster.
By the end of this course you’ll be able to:
- Utilise best practices for choosing hardware, vendors, and services for your organization
- Understand how the most common infrastructure services that keep an organisation running work, and how to manage infrastructure servers
- Manage an organization’s computers and users using the directory services, Active Directory, and other server related services.
- The course will primarily expose you to windows server and Linux server administration
- choose and manage the tools that your organization will use
- backup your organization’s data and know how to recover your IT infrastructure in the case of a disaster
- utilise systems administration knowledge to plan and improve processes for IT environments
NOTE: The course will be taught using Windows Server 12 R2, Ubuntu Linux Server Latest Version and Virtual Machine software like VM-Ware or Virtual Box to set-up the learning environment.
Secondly, the course is not subject to notice being a “one on one course”, our instructors conducts a head to PC output training. However, little notice can be given depending on the situation or topic being handled. Reading reference will be given for prior reading and research.
Therefore, trainers in this course are encouraged to follow their instructors training approaches and to practice daily to acquire the sounding skills.
Lastly, the course is durable for 2 months (60 days) from the start date with 2 hours daily contact with the instructor for 3 days in a week and 3 days of consultation, research and practice.
The trainer can also decide to study PART 1 or PART 2 only at 300,000 Ugx each or a fully course at 500,000 Ugx.
- The course is encouraged for people who have clear understanding of the basic computing.
- The course requires access to internet connection for research, practice and majorly installation of some services or packages.
- The course requires a trainer to possess a personal laptop for practicing purposes.
- The course costs 500,000 Ugx
Mr. Mukisa Vicent
Web Developer | Computer Networks Instructor | Systems Administration Instructor | Basic Computing Instructor