INTERLET LIMITED WEB DESIGNING AND DEVELOPMENT TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully as they will form a contract between us and you; your acceptance of which is agreed from the moment you sign our Website Agreement, Hosting Agreement or Support Agreement.
We have tried to keep these Terms and Conditions brief, easy to understand, and as straightforward as possible. If you have any questions, however, please do not hesitate to contact us.
You (‘the Client’)
Us/company (Interlet Limited, and hereinafter referred to as ‘Interlet Limited’)
The Project the body of work that is being undertaken, normally consisting of several connected parts, such as consultation, graphic design, website development and/or hosting
i. What do both parties agree to?
The Client agrees to:
- Provide Interlet Limited, within a reasonable time-scale, everything that is requested from you to complete the Project including text, images and other information.
- Provide Interlet Limited with text information in word document format and images in the JPG/JPEG and PNG format and video content in MP4 or MKV HD format.
- Review Interlet Limited’s work, provide feedback, and sign-off approval in a timely manner.
- Make every effort to adhere to all agreed deadline.
- Adhere to the agreed payments and schedule as stipulated in the invoice or agreed in writing.
- Advise, in advance, of any confidential information to be presented by email, written, or verbally, between both parties. Also, for this to be marked as ‘confidential’ in the subject of the email, or clearly on any written documents.
- All the project information must go through our company official email address: firstname.lastname@example.org .
Interlet Limited agrees to:
- Carry out services in a professional and timely manner.
- Make every effort to adhere to any deadlines agreed between us and you.
- Make a reasonable number of revisions to the design, layout, colours etc, until you are satisfied with the design concept or such time as both parties feel an agreement is likely to be reached but no more than 2 major revisions. Additional revisions or design work outside the scope of the project will be charged separately.
- Endeavour to complete requested website revisions or updates within 48 -72 hours, wherever possible.
- Contact you at any time after the handover of the website, to discuss the various options open to you for continuing with the website maintenance, support and/or hosting.
ii. Website Development:
- All websites are developed to work primarily across all major browsers and platforms including other devices such as mobile phones and touchpads. However, Interlet Limited cannot guarantee complete and/or long-term compatibility across every major browser, platform or handheld device due to updates or upgrades by their respective vendors.
- Interlet Limited cannot guarantee compatibility in old or redundant browser software.
iii. Payments and Contract Lengths:
- All payment schedules are stated in the project invoice and at times as agreed in initial project meetings.
- Interlet Limited has the right to charge the client up to 85% of the total web development costs, should the client cancel the website agreement after the design concepts have been agreed but prior to the website going live like 80-100% complete. The scale of the charge will remain constant depending on what stage the project is at when the cancellation takes place unless agreed otherwise.
- Once the site goes live any early cancellation of your standing order will be deemed a break in contract. In this case, you would be liable for the balance of the contract to be paid with immediate effect plus a 25% of the total project fee (The admin fee covers the time taken to discover the cancellation, generating an invoice and posting).
- The contract length is as stated in the project timeline unless stipulated otherwise and in writing.
iv. Content Management Systems:
- Interlet Limited develops most of the clients’ websites using a Content Management System (CMS), primarily WordPress unless if agreed otherwise.
- Viruses & Outdated Websites, Interlet Limited makes every effort to take security precautions on our Clients websites, this includes the relevant security plugins which keeps its servers secure, wherever possible. However, we cannot guarantee the prevention of hacks, viruses or unexpected data deletion and cannot be held liable for any such damages as a result.
- All website content needs to be provided by the client within 2 weeks of payment of a deposit to commence a project. Should the client delay issuing Interlet Limited the content required for the project, Interlet Limited reserves the right to renegotiate the cost of the project as well as the expected completion date. In such instances, Interlet Limited will request any outstanding payments to be settled before the continuation of the project.
- CMS websites require updates to plugins and themes. If the client has not opted for monthly maintenance, such updates and the cost thereof, remain the responsibility of the client. However, plugins and themes may be quoted separately if required.
- However, in some instances, Interlet Limited may build a bespoke solution, depending on the exact requirements of the project.
v. Photographs and Images:
- Any images or photographs that you supply should be in digital format, usually no smaller than 1024×768 pixels, with a suitable resolution that will allow them to be resized and used on any screen.
- The client is responsible for acquiring a good camera and a professional photographer to take the project images or photos.
- On the instance where a client can’t manage item (ii) above, Interlet Limited can be requested to offer the service on a separate cost like camera hiring, photographer wage, transport costs, feeding and accommodation – for far clients.
- Any images that Interlet Limited are asked to obtain from third party photographers or stock photography will be charged as an additional cost.
- The Client guarantees that any elements of text, graphics, photos, designs, trademarks, or other artwork furnished to Interlet Limited for inclusion in their website, or other design, are owned by the Client, or that the Client has permission from the rightful owner to use each of these elements, and will hold harmless, protect, indemnify and defend the company and its subcontractors from any liability (including solicitors fees and court costs), including any claim or suit, threatened or actual, arising from the use of such elements furnished by the client.
- Evidence of ownership or permissions may be requested by Interlet Limited.
Vi. 3rd Party Services:
- Interlet Limited will offer the Client third-party services such as those offered by Google to enhance the performance of their websites. Interlet Limited may include in quotations the setup and maintenance of such third-party services. The company, however, will not be liable to the Client for any interruption, non-performance, or cancellation of the provision by third parties of any such services.
vii. The Copyright:
- The Client will own, or have express permission to use, the text files, images, graphics and any visual elements, video or sound bites, that you may have sent to us to use in connection with the project.
- Interlet Limited will maintain copies of all the files used in connection with your project and if you require a disc copy of all the files used in connection with your project, then the company will be happy to supply this to you. Copies of the website files are maintained by us for a reasonable time (usually at least one year), and if you are hosting with us, then files are maintained both locally and on external servers.
- The copyright to the markup, CSS files, other code that may have been used by us for you, or certain images that the company may have supplied to or for you are licensed to you in connection with this web design project, and will be licensed solely to the domain name on which the website files reside. If you own the domain name, then you own the copyright.
- All scripts, CSS and include files used within Client websites, remains the intellectual property of Interlet Limited until such time as payment is made in full by the client and may not be copied and used by any other party without the written consent of Interlet Limited.
- At the bottom of the website page(s) after payment has been completed, usually, it will say Copyright and the name of your business. Interlet Limited do however reserve the right as the company responsible for the design and/or development to place a small and unobtrusive link at the bottom of your website, thereby not hindering or distracting from your own website design.
- As the design and development company, Interlet Limited also reserves the right to display and link to your completed project as part of our portfolio, and to write about the project on other websites, in magazine or ezine articles, books, written or digital publications of any design and source. Please inform us in advance of the website going live if you DO NOT want us to add your site to our portfolio of work.
- To ensure superior levels of reliability and performance, all our client’s websites are hosted on a high speed, state of the art managed dedicated server which utilizes a guaranteed minimum uptime service availability level of 99.95%.
- Unreliable and slow hosting services not managed by us may highly contribute to your website being so slow, this makes us not held accountable.
- Interlet Limited will not be held liable for any missed launch date or deadline, if the Client has been late in supplying materials, or has not approved or signed off work on time, at any stage.
- We shall not also be held liable if your webmaster or ICT staff tampers and alters the website features and performance in any way.
- The company adheres to all national and data protection, data transfer, data retention, and confidentiality regulations and always stores data sent to us in a secure manner.
SEO Terms and Condition
- Interlet Limited accepts no responsibility nor liability to the Client for the actual rankings achieved or how such rankings may vary over time. Search engines are known to change their algorithms and in such doing rankings and traffic may fluctuate.
xiii. General Service Disclaimers
The Client acknowledges the following with respect to services:
- Interlet Limited accepts no responsibility for policies of Google, third-party search engines, directories or other websites (“Third-Party Resources”) that the Client may submit to with respect to the classification or type of content it accepts, whether now or in the future. The Client’s website or content may be excluded or banned from any Third-Party Resource at any time and the Client agrees not to hold Interlet Limited responsible for any liability or actions taken by Third-Party Resources under this Agreement.
- The Client furthermore acknowledges that the nature of many of the resources Interlet Limited may employ under this Agreement are competitive, therefore Interlet Limited does not guarantee top rankings, consistent positioning or specific performance of any strategies employed and the Client accepts that our past performance is not indicative of any future results the Client may experience.
- The Client must recognise that SEO and submissions to search engines and directories can take an indefinite amount of time for acceptance or inclusion and that internet advertising may be subject to the individual advertising network’s policies and procedures.
- The Client accepts that Google Adwords, search engines, directories or other resources may block, prevent or otherwise stop accepting submissions for an indefinite period of time.
- The Client acknowledges that search engines may drop listings from its database for no apparent or predictable reason. The responsible party shall re-submit resources to the search engine based on the current policies of the search engine in question.
- Interlet Limited will endeavour to make every effort to keep the Client informed of any changes that we are made aware of that impact any of the campaigns and strategies and the execution thereof under this Agreement. The Client also acknowledges that Interlet Limited may not become aware of changes to third-party resources, industry changes or any other changes that may or may not affect campaigns or services.
- Interlet Limited, for the duration of this agreement, may develop design strategies and codes, which, in Interlet Limited’s opinion improve the Client’s website. Interlet Limited and the Client will review these suggestions together and once the mutual agreement is reached to activate these changes. If the Client decides to make any material changes to the website, the Client will consult with Interlet Limited prior to implementing these changes, to make sure that they do not conflict with Interlet Limited marketing and development strategy.
- Third-Party Resources, particularly Facebook and others, change or improve their layouts and functionality and can very often affect any business page installations and applications. Interlet Limited will not be held liable for these changes and, should work need to be done to rectify, then a new “quote” would need to be drawn up.
- A website will not launch until a standing order or payment has been set up unless a special agreement has been reached in
- Interlet Limited reserves the rights to advise the client on how best to produce good content for the website and shall be the primary advisor for key website features required to achieve a given functionality.
- Additional costs for extra features and/or additional design costs, not covered by our standard packages, will be agreed and invoiced before the website goes live.
- The client must adhere that any website will need technical support over time, hence, support will be needed as the website grows.
- If the Client does not respond to Interlet Limited’s request to discuss or choose ongoing support options, the client will automatically be placed on what Interlet Limited feels is the most appropriate support package.
- Interlet Limited cannot be responsible for any websites that have stopped working or have become faulty over time due to the website becoming “outdated”. Outdated websites can be affected due to many aspects, such as new browser software, outdated web code, etc. Interlet Limited cannot be expected to keep your website updated in every aspect without being compensated to do so. In this situation, the Client may opt to have their website redeveloped.
- There may be an additional fee for any design changes requested after the initial agreed design has been signed off unless agreed otherwise.
- Interlet Limited is not responsible for writing or inputting any text copy unless this has been specified by the However, we may correct typos and grammatical errors in the content.
- The client is highly responsible for giving us accurate information and grammatically and truthfully. We shall not be held liable for any poor content and grammatically wrong information.
- If you are hosting the website elsewhere, Interlet Limited cannot guarantee that the website is fully compatible with all hosting provider’s server operating systems, especially any contact forms, Content Management Systems, database-driven websites, etc.
- Interlet Limited does not offer any technical support for any other website hosting company that you may choose (if you elect not to host the website with us).
- Interlet Limited cannot guarantee that the functions contained within any web page (or part of your website design), will always be error-free, and therefore we will not be liable in any way whatsoever to you for any third party damages, including lost profits, lost savings, or other incidental, consequential or special damages arising out of the operation of or inability to operate this website and any other web pages, even if you have advised us of the possibilities of such damages.
- If any provision of this agreement shall be unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from this agreement and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining just the same as a fine, you cannot transfer this contract to anyone else without our consent or permission.
- In case of any other project from the client, fresh negotiate must be conducted and the contract revised.
- Although Interlet Limited has tried to keep this contract language simple, the intentions are serious, and the contract is a legal document under the exclusive jurisdiction of English Law and Courts.
xv. Changes to these Terms and Conditions:
Interlet Limited reserves the right to add, delete, or modify any provision of these Terms and Conditions at any time without notice. Failure to receive notification of a change does not make those changes invalid. These Terms and Conditions will always be available to download or print from our website.
Download the Terms and Conditions for signing.